T3 President, Amy Morris, P.E., was accepted into a new program for small business owners, called Scaling4Growth (S4G) that is administered by the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity. This program is powered by Interise's award-winning StreetWise 'MBA'™ curriculum that provides the knowledge and know-how business owners need to grow in size and revenue.
Amy joins the second class of 16 participants selected via a highly competitive process that reflects a variety of industries around the Commonwealth. The program begins in August, 2017 and will conclude in February, 2018.
Interise licenses the Streetwise ‘MBA’™ to state agencies and other partners throughout the United States who then deliver it through their own locally branded programs. The investment by Virginia is intended to result in job creation and economic development by helping small companies succeed and expand.
Virginia runs two classes per year, with the following eligibility requirements:
· Certified by Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity as a Small, Women- or Minority-Owned (SWaM) business
· $250,000 - $10,000,000 in annual revenues
· One other full-time employee besides the owner(s)
· Been in business for at least 3 years
· Willingness and ability to attend class for 6 months, complete mandatory assignments, and complete program surveys as requested
Other small business owners interested in joining a future class may refer to the following link for more details: https://scaling4growth.interise.org/
More information on the Interise program can be accessed here: https://www.interise.org/